Talk

Advanced search

Over-boiled bottles, help please!

(6 Posts)
phdlife Wed 26-Sep-07 21:18:51

I forgot the baby's bottles and my breast pump were boiling (to sterilise them) and left them for, um, ages blush

Now they are covered in a fine salt. I've washed them thoroughly and re-sterilised and they still have this fine salt on them - sort of powdery/scoured to the touch, it smudges off if you wipe hard enough with thumb/cloth. But I'm guessing that's not so good for the cleanliness.

Any ideas how I can rescue them, please?

chipmonkey Wed 26-Sep-07 22:20:46

Do you live in a hard-water area? Could it be limescale? If so I would wipe with a vinegar an and water solution and then wash again.

chipmonkey Wed 26-Sep-07 22:38:28

phdlife, did you start 2 threads on this? Thought my post had disappeared! And then Norma gave the same answer almost word for word!grin

phdlife Thu 27-Sep-07 20:11:27

yes I did sorry to hog the ether, just was in a hurry and not sure which area would get an answer fast!

the vinegar worked, btw, thanks.

(still couldn't get him to drink from bottle or cup, though. sigh.)

chipmonkey Thu 27-Sep-07 22:54:24

I feel your pain! It took AGES to get ds3 to drink from anything other than the boob! Playtex bottle worked in the end but only after we had given him a break to let him forget about it!

NormaStanleyFletcher Thu 27-Sep-07 22:55:31

<<peers at PhD>>

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: