Talk

Advanced search

How the hell do I stop breastfeeding and wean to cows milk?

(6 Posts)
hippyracer Wed 26-Sep-07 19:40:24

Message withdrawn

Mumpbump Wed 26-Sep-07 19:45:44

Persevere - when I started giving ds formula in a bottle when I went back to work, it took him about a month to accept it and start taking proper feeds. I think there are two issues - change of milk and missing the closeness of bf. Could you try giving her cows' milk in the same environment that you bf, ie. in bedroom whilst having a cuddle so she still gets the physical reassurance?

harpsichordcarrier Wed 26-Sep-07 19:47:39

hippyracer, is there a particular urgency to give up bf? if it is making you sad and her upset then maybe it might be a good idea to leave it for a while. it is clearly causing you a lot of stress.

hippyracer Wed 26-Sep-07 21:04:46

Message withdrawn

halogen Wed 26-Sep-07 22:45:34

Hi. My daughter is just over a year old and has only just managed to get to the point where she is happy to have formula milk in a cup throughout the day and just BF morning and night.

I think a doidy cup is probably much too hard for a baby who isn't even a year old. Have you thought about something like the Nuk learner cup or similar?

hippyracer Thu 27-Sep-07 07:50:51

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: