Talk

Advanced search

Breastfed 1yr old self weaning advice

(2 Posts)
HelloRose Sun 31-May-20 11:52:08

Just after a bit of advice..

My ds is almost a year old. He has been ebf. At the moment he has 4 feeds a day but recently has been uninterested in the mid morning and mid afternoon feed (first thing & last thing he still likes).

I think his refusal is partly due to the fact im pregnant and my supply has dropped or it tastes different- not sure which. Also he's more interested in playing etc.

My question is... should I be trying to replace these feeds with other milk? I tried some cow's milk in a cup but he wasn't interested.

He eats well and has milk in other forms - with his weetabix, cheese & yoghurt etc. Just unsure if he should be having it as a drink too? Not 100% clear on what amount he should be having at his age.

OP’s posts: |
frenchtoast88 Wed 12-Aug-20 18:50:05

Came on to look for the answer to this very question! How have you been getting on? My 11mo has all but refused 3 out of 4 feeds today (a few tiny sucks then pops off). I'm 6 weeks pregnant but wasn't expecting the milk to change so quickly. Has yours changed back at all? Wasn't too sure about supplementing with other milk, neither formula or cows milk feel right to me 🤷🏼‍♀️

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in