Talk

Advanced search

Positions for big breasts and 6 mo

(9 Posts)
nurnurha Tue 19-May-20 16:19:31

Hi everyone,

I'm EBF an almost 6 month old baby and we are starting to struggle to get a good position.

We currently feed laid back but baba complains a lot and is quite long so I don't feel like I'm giving her adequate support anymore (I'm short).

We started with cradle but she's too big for that and my breasts are too!
We also used to do the rugby position but we now have the same issue with that as she's too long, and my back starts to go.

Does anyone have any recommendations for positioning a bigger baby with bigger breasts?

I think I'm not very good at this sad but I would like to keep BF her as it's cheaper and easier (well it was at least!)

Tia xx

OP’s posts: |
FTMF30 Tue 19-May-20 19:04:38

Do you have a breastfeeding pillow? Maybe that will help?

Mehmehmeh19 Tue 19-May-20 19:06:27

Cushions under her for the rugby ball position. So you can sit more comfortably?

nurnurha Wed 20-May-20 10:24:06

I've tried cushions/pillows to not much avail sadly sad

Persipan Wed 20-May-20 10:49:47

Would laid back work but with her flopped over your torso or your lap? Imagine like cradle but then lying back.

TreestumpsAndTrampolines Wed 20-May-20 10:57:40

I never managed cradle at all - we were rugby ball, or lying down all the way - DS1 was pretty tall, he used to lie along the arm of the settee on a pillow (wide arms, ikea thing) with my arm round him so I could be against the backrest (the arm was outside the cushions, so he feet could go all the way out to the wall), or if we were out and about, he kinda just curled up round me enough that I could cope.

RubaiyatOfAnyone Thu 21-May-20 08:41:09

Dd is the same age and huge - rugby ball on a feeding pillow, with a couple of cushions behind my back to push me forward. Thank god for lockdown, frankly, because i’m not sure i’d manage it out and about blush

GrumpyHoonMain Fri 22-May-20 20:04:48

Side by side and rugby hold works for me.

nurnurha Sat 23-May-20 00:08:40

Tried the rugby hold and it doesn't work for us anymore sadly. It was a lifesaver in the earlier days though! Tried lying down and it sometimes works, sometimes not

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in