Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

DS2 9 months old. How do I go about stopping breastfeeding, and co-sleeping?

(4 Posts)
NatalieJane Fri 14-Sep-07 17:24:58

We have been co-sleeping since birth, he is feeding about 5 times a day on top of his 'solid' meals, and he is literally suckling on me allllllllllll night, to the point where I am now suffering with a bad back because I can't move at all through the night.

And, what do I give him to drink instead, and in what?

The aim is get to the point where he is no longer sleeping in our room, and he is no longer breastfeeding, how do we get from here to there in the most painless way?

Thanks

Anna8888 Fri 14-Sep-07 18:24:03

Give him formula or water in a little cup (I used to use the top of a bottle) in addition to breastmilk. When he is one, give him cows' milk.

My daughter (2.10) still breastfeeds and cosleeps... but she doesn't suckle all night grin

crokky Fri 14-Sep-07 18:41:19

My LO was like this and I think do one thing at a time - I have stopped bf, but am still co-sleeping and LO plays with my hair instead of bfing all night! I don't really know the answer, but have sympathy!

kiskidee Fri 14-Sep-07 19:11:48

i would pat him back to sleep and if he started to get more upset rather than soothe down, feed. it made dd go for a few hrs between wakes after a few nights. also search for the 'pantley pull off' in archives. (sleep threads mostly)

to stop bf at night, this page from Dr Jay Gordon is worth a read and tailor it to your own situation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now