Talk

Advanced search

Weaning a breastfed baby, or your daily feeding routines

(4 Posts)
katiee1999 Tue 07-Apr-20 21:05:20

How do you introduce solid foods? I'm a young mum and I really don't know how I'd go about doing it. They have a solid food workshop that I'm planning on going to in a couple of months. My 3 month old is EBF, and I plan on continuing to breast feed until around 8 months when I go back to university. What even is baby rice? 🤣 do you use your breast milk to mix it with? What are your routines on when and what you feed your baby through the day? Any advice would be greatly appreciated

OP’s posts: |
dementedpixie Tue 07-Apr-20 21:23:27

I wouldn't even think about it just yet if your baby is only 3 months old. It isnt recommended until around 6 months old. Some people go straight to finger foods, others use a mix of puree and finger foods

katiee1999 Tue 07-Apr-20 22:53:52

@dementedpixie oh don't worry I'm not thinking about it anytime soon. Just trying to be prepared and want to know what to expect, or how to go about doing things when the time comes

OP’s posts: |
MichelleOR84 Thu 09-Apr-20 20:39:14

At 6 months old I started offering my baby solids . I did baby led weaning. Look it up ! I highly recommend it, although it’s not for everyone!

I started off offering my baby one meal a day , usually dinner and he ate what I ate ( cut up safely ).

By 7 or 8 months I was offering lunch and dinner and by 9 months I was offering 3 meals a day .

I did not nurse any less until my son was just past 8 months and even then it was just the lunch time nursing session that we dropped.

I never gave my son baby rice . I don’t know what it is either 😝

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in