Talk

Advanced search

Help with Green poo?

(7 Posts)
EpicEllie Mon 16-Mar-20 21:40:28

Our little boy was born at 33 weeks, he was on cow & gate in SCBU but we found he was having trouble bringing up his wind, so we were suggested to try Mamia formula from Aldi, which has helped him bring up his wind, along with infacol (recommended by gp) however he seems to have quite green poo with white bits in it, I asked the gp about it & he said that it was normal... now I don't agree that it is normal, but just wanted to ask on here for any advice?

He has between 8-10ozs every 5-6 hours currently. He is now 11 weeks old but 4 corrected.

Thanks!!!!

OP’s posts: |
littlejalapeno Mon 16-Mar-20 21:43:40

Is it slimy?
Sometimes iron in formula can turn pop green.
Sometimes teething can do the same, does he also have a sore bum?
How long has he had it?

Our baby’s poo sometimes went green but didn’t last more than a few days. As long as there’s no fever it’s not likely to be an infection.

Call your health visitor in the morning

Mumtoaperfectbabyboy Mon 16-Mar-20 21:44:13

My little one had this, asked health visitor and they said it was normal and he grew out of it.

DontBuyLangClegCashmere Mon 16-Mar-20 21:45:51

Both mine have had green poos. If there are no other problems I'd just see if it passes (no pun intended).

As PP they weren't always green though.

Congratulations!

EpicEllie Mon 16-Mar-20 21:51:15

No not slimy, he has no temperature, but all his poo is green with white bits in it, sometimes not a lot of white bits but sometimes quite a lot.

Just worried in case something was wrong, but if its common then I can rest easy smile

mistermagpie Mon 16-Mar-20 21:55:09

He eats a lot doesn't he?? My 4 month old is only on 5oz a feed still! Anyway that's by the by...

She has green poo quite often, more so if she's not been for a couple of days which has been the case for her a lot. She's on hipp organic which which swapped to from Aptamil because that made her really constipated.

To be fair I don't remember my other two children having green poo but the GP told me it was normal, it's only not if it's mucousy or really bad smelling apparently.

EpicEllie Mon 16-Mar-20 22:25:11

We just follow his lead, which is what our health visitor advised. If he is hungry at any time he gets milk, sometimes esp during the night he will have 4-5 ozs. He is just a hungry boy.

At least it seems normal - I was just concerned about the white bits mainly.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in