Talk

Advanced search

when is it ok to start wearing normal/underwired bras after the end of BF?

(5 Posts)
time4tea Thu 06-Sep-07 17:53:43

I've been winding down bf for some time, wondering now when it is ok to start wearing normal underwear again? I know underwire can damage during pg and bf, when is bf really over? i don't feel much sensation in bs now, last felt need to express to get comfortable 2 days ago, DS2 stopped feeding about 5 days ago.

MrsBadger Thu 06-Sep-07 18:02:02

oh god, immediately

you can get underwired nursing bras, you know.

IntergalacticWalrus Thu 06-Sep-07 18:05:21

I wore underwired bras all the way thriough my pgs, and a lot of the time when bfing I have big norks (36f) and underiring is needed to ensure I don;t trip over my tits.

I never had a problem with bfing or afterwards. Just amke sure your bra fits you properly

MaeWest Thu 06-Sep-07 19:04:05

I'm still bf and started wearing underwires about a month ago (down to 2 feeds a day). No real probs with underwires (I am 32H and wore them all through pregnancy) as long as they fit properly and you don't get any blocked ducts.

time4tea Thu 06-Sep-07 22:18:17

hey Mrs Badger! You advised me excellently once on getting stuff out from behind a radiator, using a wire coat-hanger covered in sticky tape (sticky outside) You're a genius! thanks again for the tip.

norks are still leaking a bit, but the luxury of going to bed without a bra!will go out and get myself something big and beautiful - since bf-ing DS1 (now on DS2) I have been a magnificent 36E so really need something good

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now