Talk

Advanced search

Baby won't eat - formula change?

(6 Posts)
Sammyxo Sat 25-Jan-20 16:50:48

Has anyone else had any issues with their baby rejecting milk? He's 5 months old and suddenly has been rejecting the milk.
He's always been on Aptamil since birth but since Nov 2019 Apatamil have gradually been changing the ingredients in their formula and I'm wondering if this could be the cause?
My baby used to be a really good feeder and now it's such a struggle, I dread feed times!
Please tell me I'm not alone! Or has anyone been through something similar?

OP’s posts: |
Selfsettling3 Sat 25-Jan-20 16:52:07

Have you ruled out illness and teething?

Sammyxo Sat 25-Jan-20 16:56:55

Yeah everything is fine, he's healthy and happy but hates the milk.

OhNoMyCheds Sat 25-Jan-20 17:03:27

Yeah my daughter never liked Aptimil. She preferred Hipp Organic (which is cheaper actually) so try that, he might prefer it.

Skigal86 Sun 26-Jan-20 08:52:15

The new aptamil made my daughter so poorly. She started pooing 10 times a day which gave her horrendous nappy rash, it was awful. Took us a week to work out what it was that was causing it, had been to the docs for tests to see if she had a bug that wasn’t clearing and then we changed her milk on the off chance it was that and within a few hours she was fine. She never stopped drinking it though

Sammyxo Sun 26-Jan-20 11:39:59

As of last night I switched my baby's formula to SMA and we've had no issues since! I'm so glad it's sorted as I was stressing for over a week!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in