Talk

Advanced search

Breast milk seems to agree less w baby then formula!

(2 Posts)
Mamabear12 Fri 24-Jan-20 23:41:38

I am all for breast milk, I breastfed my first two and exclusively breasted my third for 6 weeks until I decided to offer her 3 ounces of formula (I have done this a few days now) a day. I was surprised to see after having the formula she wasn’t having her reflux issues like she does with breast milk (I can hear her trying to swallow after as the milk seems to be coming back up, and sometimes she spits up, she cries and seems uncomfortable). After having some formula she doesn’t do this. No spitting up or signs of reflux and no crying. It’s frustrating because I understand all the benefits of breastfeeding and want to breastfeed, and I don’t really want to give the formula, but when I see she seems a lot happier after it’s hard not to!

Does anyone have an idea of why breastmilk seems to not agree with her? I guess it could be something I’m eating, but hard to tell. I have to be on Medication to lower my blood pressure, do you think that could effect my breastmilk?

OP’s posts: |
JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 26-Jan-20 08:21:29

Have you spoken to the BFN about your blood pressure medication? I found them very useful when I was BFing smile

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in