Talk

Advanced search

Chicco have stopped selling bottles and teats in the UK - arghhh!

(18 Posts)
LilRedWG Wed 29-Aug-07 20:12:48

DD (15 months) will only drink her milk from Chicco bottles and teats - she is not fooled by any others and, whilst she will drink water from a cup, will not touch her milk from one.

I'm currently bidding on eBay for some bottles but they have the newborn teats in - am I okay to add extra holes using a pin? Any experience/advice welcome!

whomovedmychocolate Wed 29-Aug-07 21:01:56

Depends on the type of teat - I think you can with rubber but not silicone.

whomovedmychocolate Wed 29-Aug-07 21:04:24

Chicco are apparently rubber so yes, you can make them bigger with a hot needle.

mangojuice Wed 29-Aug-07 21:16:46

Which teats are they? are they the latex ones you turn round to alter the flow, with three sections on?

LilRedWG Thu 30-Aug-07 08:53:39

Thanks. I'll be getting my hot needle out to make the hole bigger or create new holes then

lulumama Thu 30-Aug-07 09:06:01

they sell chicco in spain, so now you have a good excuse to go abroad grin

LilRedWG Thu 30-Aug-07 14:30:38

Just come back from France - searched high and low for them, to no avail.

rubyshoes Thu 30-Aug-07 14:47:39

Have family abroad and they sell them there let me know if you want me to arrange for some to be sent?

LilRedWG Thu 30-Aug-07 14:49:00

Thank you Ruby, that's very kind. I won the three bottle with newborn teats and they are brand new so should see DD out. She only has two botles a day and at 15 months will hopefully be growing out of them soon.

rubyshoes Thu 30-Aug-07 14:51:54

oh ok not too much of a panic then my dd will only have their dummys!! |Have never seen them here! Thank god for family ..

LilRedWG Thu 30-Aug-07 15:00:29

I've tried everything to get her to have her milk from a cup or another bottle, but no, she is adamant and will go without limk rather than change!

rubyshoes Thu 30-Aug-07 15:17:05

I'm sure it's a girl thing my ds's were never like this, bless

LilRedWG Thu 06-Sep-07 10:26:39

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh! Got the bottles, added holes, DD refused her milk last night, even after it was decanted back into an old bottle. I spent the night waking and looking at the clock, expecting her to wake starving hungry - she didn't.

This morning she grudgingly drank her milk from new bottle, but it took ages - even with the added holes.

alycat Thu 06-Sep-07 10:48:21

lrWG

I have one Chicco anti colic bottle/teat. has the 123 round teat and a little hole to let the air back.

Bought in The Azores as forgot my Dr Browns, wasn't liked by Ds so only used for a 10 day period.

I can post it to you

fox and toy at yahoo (you know how th e rest goes!)

NameChangersRUs Thu 06-Sep-07 15:26:15

Message withdrawn

LilRedWG Thu 06-Sep-07 15:28:10

Thanks Alycat - I'll email you.

Brangelina Thu 06-Sep-07 15:32:22

I'm in Italy and obviously Chicco's n° 1 brand here so could always get you some. Also, try Italian ebay (www.ebay.it). You have to click on Infanzia e premaman.

LilRedWG Thu 06-Sep-07 15:33:05

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now