Talk

Advanced search

Advice needed, has anyone tried 'SMA Staydown' for reflux

(5 Posts)
icet Wed 29-Aug-07 10:40:18

Before I purchase a tin, just wanted to see if any of you expert mummies have tried and tested the SMA staydown? my DD is 16wk and has gaviscon in her feeds, she now takes 8oz and the gav not working. Spotted the SMA SD in boots and wondered if worth giving it a try?

Cheers!

frazzledbutcalm Wed 29-Aug-07 11:47:30

Never tried anything like that as never had a problem. However, my nephew had severe reflux and docs said it was just immature tubes that would strengthen as he grew. He could hardly keep anything down then at 18 mths was absolutely fine, just like that! Gaviscon never worker for him either. I tend to think sma sd will just have some ingredient already in it along the same lines as gaviscon. Could be wrong tho, thats just my guess!

ellasmum1 Fri 05-Sep-08 12:37:27

i used this with my dd who was in horrendous pain with silent reflux and this made a great improvement and meant i didn't need to use gaviscon-worth trying imo.

Ledodgy Fri 05-Sep-08 12:38:59

SMA of all types made mt ds's reflux worse. I found the best to be Aptimil easy digest.

KazzaL Fri 05-Sep-08 12:44:24

I tried the aptamil easy digest and the cow & gate comfort beofre I found the SMA staydown which worked brill - much less puking - much easier to make up imo, but DS1 was happy to have cold milk.

You're not supposed to add gaviscon is you use one of these thicker milks and you'll probably need the bigger holed teats.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now