Talk

Advanced search

Leaving 6 month old for 24 hours advice on increasing milk supply to build up freezer stash

(7 Posts)
AldiNappies Thu 09-Jan-20 18:27:47

Hi, I need to leave my 6 month old for 24 hours to attend a funeral in 10 days time. She does take formula but I'd like to build up a breast milk supply in the freezer so she can have breast milk as well as formula. Any tips on increasing supply quickly? Fenugreek?

OP’s posts: |
JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 11-Jan-20 09:50:01

Fenugreek could help. Are you expressing as you are feeding OP? That helped me smile

AldiNappies Sat 11-Jan-20 11:33:36

Not expressing as I'm feeding @jiltedjohnsjulie how do you manage that? But I am expressing after feeds. Only get about 40ml out though. Trying to skim off 100ml here and there between feeds. I have a haka cup thingy but haven't tried it while feeding. Might give it a go...

OP’s posts: |
Spam88 Mon 13-Jan-20 05:52:59

Definitely give the hakaa a go while you're feeding, you'll be amazed how much you'll get!

JC12345 Mon 13-Jan-20 05:58:54

I used to express every day in the morning about an hour after first feed so it was like you're creating an extra feed. It takes a few days for your supply to adjust but worked well.

Justtryingtobehelpful Mon 13-Jan-20 06:05:05

I use these to collect milk in small doses. Together I'll get 3-5 every few days to freezer in small batches .

Medela Breastmilk Collection Shells (Breast shells) www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000WHL2RQ/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_UGahEbS8JVQ5X?tag=mumsnetforu03-21

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 13-Jan-20 07:27:04

Yes definitely express at the same time every day. Your body will soon adjust to the new demand. And 40 ml is great smile

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in