Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Stopping bf'ing @ 13½ months... help please!!

(4 Posts)
Stiglet Sat 25-Aug-07 10:25:15

Any advice? I've decided that I would quite like to have my body back after breastfeeding for the last 2.7 yrs (dd1 was bf'ing whilst I was pregnant with dd2!).

DD seems completely unwilling to give up her precious boob and is having screaming fits when I refuse to feed her and I'm finding it really hard work!

It seemed so easy with DD1 (I think my milk supply dwindled naturally due to being pregnant) she took a cup of cows milk no problem. DD2 on the otherhand will point blank refuse milk, she is quite happy to drink anything else but not milk.

I feel like I'm going insane - any advice?

NoMoreGuiltTrips Sat 25-Aug-07 21:26:59

will she eat other calcium rich products, like yoghurt cheese etc? if she does, the lack of milk could be got around. I cannot stand cow's milk myself,so I have some sympathy with her!!! (perhaps I should cover that with check with HV etc etc)

sweetkitty Sat 25-Aug-07 21:36:36

I was the exact same pregnant/BFing/pregnant/BFing DD1 self weaned at about 12 monthsno problem, DD2 was a total boob fiend but I weaned her off at 14 months fine. But she would steal DD1's beaker of milk so I just started giving her one as well. We were down to 2 feeds a day by then, when she got up in the morning I just gave her a beaker instead of a feed and she was fine same with the night feed 2 weeks later it was a lot easier than I expected.

Sorry that doesn't really help you with your milk refusing DD2 agree is she is eating cheese/yoghurt etc than she will be fine and might pick up with milk again in the future.

Stiglet Sun 26-Aug-07 11:25:56

Thanks ladies. She was a bit grizzly last night but we've managed to cut out the middle night / morning feeds and I'm feeling a bit more positive about it. Still no joy on getting her to drink milk though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now