Talk

Advanced search

How do you carry food and feed baby - 8 months

(6 Posts)
MightyMonkeys Mon 09-Dec-19 15:56:52

I really struggle with understanding how to carry the food (he won't eat packet food) and how to heat. Everywhere I go they won't heat it for health and safety!!!

HELP please. What are your tips?

OP’s posts: |
doadeer Mon 09-Dec-19 16:00:57

I would just take some mushed sweet potato etc in a little plastic pot and sit it in hot water if in a coffee shop or ask them to put in microwave for 30 secs. If I'm going out I just take easy food, nothing too messy.

What sort of things does your baby eat?

Lunafortheloveogod Mon 09-Dec-19 16:05:31

I buy something in a cafe.. like a baked potato, he eats his bit I eat the rest. He’s also good with finger food so toast and sausages is another safe bet.. can’t say his meals out are the healthiest but I take carrot/apple/cucumber sticks with us too since there’s not much he’d manage from a pre cut side salad thing. If I’m starving dp gets seconds from a kids meal blush.

If he’s still on mashed foods you can mash most baked pots n pasta dishes with a fork?

ohmysoul Mon 09-Dec-19 16:05:36

Could baby not have cold finger food? At that age DD loved cucumber sticks or small pieces of strawberries or grated cheese.

redbirdblackbird Mon 09-Dec-19 16:06:56

You can big refillable plastic pouches which you can fill with your own purée then stand up in hot water to reheat. You can heat it up to a high temp then put in a food flask. You can bring finger food. You can buy a bowl
Of soup in a cafe

Harrysmummy246 Wed 11-Dec-19 21:20:52

Chopped up pot of fruit or a soft cheese sandwich.

Or a bit off our plates.

But we didn't ever do purees and DS was NOT a fan of any of the homemade BLW specific stuff (to be fair it was bland as hell)

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in