Talk

Advanced search

Making up formula

(2 Posts)
MMama18 Fri 29-Nov-19 10:21:11

I’m expecting baby number 2 and formula feeding. With DD we used a perfect prep machine religiously from birth (big telling off from health visitor!) and I never actually made a bottle the ‘proper way’. (DD was perfectly healthy, at nearly 2yo she has still never had an upset tummy 🤞) However I was obsessed with keeping the prep machine clean and it was actually so much of a faff! (Ran a cleaning cycle every 1-2 weeks and took the back panel off to check pipes, only filled with pre boiled and cooled water)
So, this time I’m thinking would it just be easier and cheaper to do it manually? My thoughts are, boil a kettle and fill a large jug with a lid with the boiling water, allow to cool and store in the fridge. Then for each bottle, boil kettle and add hot water to formula powder to sterilise it, and top up with the cooled water to drinking temperature...
has anyone else done this/something similar?

OP’s posts: |
Pinkblueberry Fri 29-Nov-19 10:23:38

I did this once DC was a bit older. For a new born I would still make the whole thing with boiled water and then cool the bottle in cold water for a few mins.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in