Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

15 months and refusing bedtime bottle...

(3 Posts)
Scootergrrrl Sun 19-Aug-07 19:24:56

Witht he inevitable consequence that the little angel wakes up in the middle of the night for milk.
He's flatly refsued his bedtime milk for three nights (threw the bottle across the room at one point so obviously a future rugby player).
Any ideas? I can't finally get him sleeping through only to start waking up again - I just CAN'T.

Seona1973 Sun 19-Aug-07 20:25:40

at 15 months he shouldnt really need the calories from a bottle of milk to see him through the night as solids should be the main part of his calories and milk is more of a drink. Have you tried giving him supper before bed instead? I have heard of people giving porridge/weetabix before bed so they know that when their lo wakes in the night it is not because of hunger.

Alternatively, would your lo take the milk from a cup? My 10 1/2 month old doesnt have bottles as he will drink from his cup - we use the avent magic cup or a cow cup. It doesnt even have to be given at bedtime - your lo could drink it downstairs after dinner and that takes the bedtime battle of the bottle out of the equation.

Seona1973 Sun 19-Aug-07 20:26:35

p.s. I got the cow cup from Morrisons but have also seen them in Boots

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now