Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

(Another) Q re BF and poo

(7 Posts)
ChubbyScotsBurd Sun 19-Aug-07 12:29:28

My baby is approaching 4 weeks and is exclusively BF. Virtually every nappy contains poo, which is always wet and 'bitty'. So, say, 8-10 nappies a day, although sometimes it's just a skid-mark . Should we be expecting less anytime soon? Only I want to start using real nappies but there's no way I'm starting that malarkey until there's less poo to scrape!

emkana Sun 19-Aug-07 12:42:58

I think it can change, but with my babies they all poo-ed constantly while on breastmilk only. Sorry!

phdlife Sun 19-Aug-07 12:48:45

Mine did skiddies all the time when he was littler but now (he's 18weeks) we do average 3 poos/day, the rest are just wet and no skiddies. His poos are still liquid and ejected with force!

But if you are using liners, you don't have to 'scrape' anything; you chuck/flush the liners and put the nappy into the pail with disinfectant.

I was soaking my nappies in the loo to get rid of 'solids' before putting them in the pail, then realised that was manky. Now just putting them into pail with bits on, tea-tree oil as disinfectant in pail and another drop when they go into machine to rinse before washing.

hth, but you know, if someone more expert comes along believe them not me!

Laura032004 Sun 19-Aug-07 14:53:47

Mine poo-ed like that for ages. With DS1 I spent ages rinsing the nappies, with DS2 I just chucked them in the washing machine without rinsing. No problems either time. Same results after washing!

NAB3 Sun 19-Aug-07 15:05:15

Use paper liners and then you can just throw the whole lot down the loo. It must be costing a fortune if you are changing that many times a day.

terramum Sun 19-Aug-07 20:20:29

DS did skids marks like yours for months & we used cloth right from the start. No need to scrap poo or use liners when they are exlc bf - just bung the nappies straight from the (dry) bucket into the machine & do a rinse cycle first followed by a normal hot wash wash. Its all liquid & ends up in the same drain after all

ChubbyScotsBurd Mon 20-Aug-07 00:09:20

Thank you all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now