Talk

Advanced search

Suddenly stopping breastfeeding

(5 Posts)
MsMoo Fri 17-Aug-07 19:11:04

My DD suddenly decided 2 days ago to stop breastfeeding (she's 9months) and has moved successfully to formula. I have not expressed or done anything to remove my remaining milk. But to be honest my breasts feel no different from the last 9months i.e. they are not bursting or hurting etc.

Is there any harm to just leaving them now i.e. not expressing and just letting whatever milk is still in them just disipate gradually?

callmeovercautious Fri 17-Aug-07 19:23:51

From what I understand you can just leave them if you are not in pain. Sounds like an early self weaner are you feeling ok about it? Good that she has taken to the formula.

Chirpygirl Fri 17-Aug-07 19:28:42

Just leave them, my DD went on strike (that's how I knew I was pregnant!) and I did get engorged but only for a few hours one morning after a couple of days.

policywonk Fri 17-Aug-07 19:35:31

If you express, you'll just encourage the production of more milk. I think you're only supposed to express if you're so engorged that you really can't stand it.

MsMoo Fri 17-Aug-07 20:36:25

Excellent, thanks for the feedback. Will leave them as they are.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now