Talk

Advanced search

Reducing breastfeeds and hormones

(6 Posts)
Beefdinner Thu 31-Oct-19 22:07:02

My 17 month old is now reducing her feeds down to 2 per day (sometimes 1). I've been blaming my mirena coil all week, however I've been an angry mess covered in painful zits all over my face since she reduced her feeds.

Could this be related to breastfeeding hormones as opposed to the coil? I've been an absolute nightmare to live with and I just want to punch someone.

OP’s posts: |
Tryingtogetitright Thu 31-Oct-19 22:11:34

It could definitely be related. Try googling post-weaning depression. Rather than depression it's like waves of anger. I suffered terribly when I stopped feeding my DD. Had awful mood swings. I came off the mini pill and had counselling and now feel much better. Not sure I'll ever know if it was the pill or the breastfeeding that screwed up my hormones but well worth you investigating.

Tryingtogetitright Thu 31-Oct-19 22:12:13

How long have you had your coil?

Beefdinner Thu 31-Oct-19 22:14:50

Yes #tryingtogetitright complete rages. The last time I had rages like these was the week after my DCs were born when my hormones dipped.

I feel like an absolute monster today. I crossed the line with DC1 who deserved a telling off, but not me yelling like I did and ruminating on it afterwards. I don't feel quite myself.

Beefdinner Thu 31-Oct-19 22:16:12

Had my coil for 9 months and not been overly happy with it. Suffered with acne on and off since having it fitted but nothing like this.

Tryingtogetitright Thu 31-Oct-19 22:33:24

You poor thing, you sound so like I did. You're probably exhausted. I don't know what made me feel better - hormones settling finally after breastfeeding / coming off the pill / counselling / DS starting school so giving me some headspace. i
It won't last forever but it was horrible. I was awful to my DC, I smashed mugs, I shouted til my throat hurt every day. My GP prescribed me sertraline, I was scared to take it so booked counselling instead but I've heard lots of positives about it. This is what I related to:

www.momtastic.com/health/536597-terrifying-experience-post-weaning-depression/

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in