Talk

Advanced search

can't remember - when is ds2 likely to be able to go for longer between feeds (i'm thinking nighttimes here)

(10 Posts)
Tutter Thu 16-Aug-07 17:54:58

he's been more or less 3-hourly since my milk came in

now 4 weeks old

callmeovercautious Thu 16-Aug-07 18:10:19

Oh Tutter - how is it all going? Are you sleep deprived?

IME - DD started going longer at about 6 weeks but it was very on and off, 4 - 5 hour maximums untill after she weaned really. She frightened the life out of me at 7 weeks by sleeping for 8 hours!
Are you cluster feeding in the late afternoon/evening? That helped her do a longer stretch early on in the night. Although she is actually a bit of a bad example as she has been a terrible sleeper in general and still does not go all night everynight (11m).

fiddlemama Thu 16-Aug-07 18:16:25

All three of mine were sleeping 10pm to 6am by 4 weeks so really feel for you.

mmelody Thu 16-Aug-07 18:56:45

Hi Tutter.. My DS is also 4 weeks old and I am BF. He is also feeding 3 hourly and i was wondering the same thing.He also seems to cluster feed from 4am onwards which is an absolute killer. Fiddlemama 10-6am is the stuff of my dreams

Tutter Mon 20-Aug-07 13:04:49

hi - thanks for this

anyone else?

cmoc - yup, fairly sleep deprived, but par for the course i guess. cluster feeding hasn't made any difference the evenins i have tried it (only once or twice) tbh

first stretch of the night pretty good - usually goes 4ish hours or maybe a little longer - but then back to 3ish hourly (last night only managed 2 1/2 hours between first and seond night feeds)

Pannacotta Mon 20-Aug-07 13:15:22

It sounds pretty good from my perpsective! DS2 is 13 weeks now and still feeds around every 2 hours in the day and 2-3 hours at night, sometimes a larger gap from say 7/8 till 11 but not always.
Hope that makes you feel bit better...

RedFraggle Mon 20-Aug-07 17:44:43

My DS started going for 5 hours at night from about 6 or 7 weeks. He has done the odd 8 hour stretch too recently (he will be 11 weeks tomorrow) I know my DD was pretty much sleeping through from about 14 weeks.

Daisysdream Mon 20-Aug-07 17:50:20

my dd would go for 6 or 7 hours from two or three months..

Daisysdream Mon 20-Aug-07 17:51:35

i used to give her a dream feed (whilst asleep) right before i went to bed which topped her up and got her to sleep through

JodieG1 Mon 20-Aug-07 17:56:07

Ds2 is 7 months and still feed 4-5 times a night. He goes a little longer during the days now but not in the night.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now