Talk

Advanced search

Best way to be away from baby EBF

(5 Posts)
Ejones95 Wed 16-Oct-19 14:18:45

I am express breast feeding my son who is 3 months old. At the end of the month I'm hoping to let him go to his father's for the day (we seperated when I found out I was expecting our 2nd). Would formula milk be ok for one day as I don't have enough of a Stash in the freezer to give him my milk for the day or would this not be advised, I'm having a bit of a pickle deciding the best route. Any advance would be fantastic

OP’s posts: |
Bucatini Wed 16-Oct-19 14:23:40

So he is used to having expressed breast milk from a bottle? Yes, it's fine to use formula for a day instead.

Ejones95 Wed 16-Oct-19 14:27:08

Yes he is used to a bottle. And that's brilliant thankyou, just got a bit worried incase it could upset his stomach

MustardScreams Wed 16-Oct-19 14:29:47

He should be absolutely fine with formula, dd had the odd bottle here and there and she never had an issue.

You will need to pump though, probably a few times depending on how long your son is at his dad’s. Engorgement and mastitis are not fun!

Ejones95 Wed 16-Oct-19 16:33:29

Yes I will continue to pump, I'll just freeze the ones I do and hopefully it will help build up my freezer back up feeds.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in