Talk

Advanced search

MILK PRODUCTION

(7 Posts)
loopyredangel Fri 10-Aug-07 23:01:22

Hi, I am 27 weeks pregnant and have continued breastfeeding my DS who is almost 2 througout! I have recently stopped producing milk and DS tends to be using them as a dummy now, I am worn out and huge, so finding it very uncomfortable now. DS is quite big, and tends to tug and pull and lash out until he gets his own way, and I am finding it hard to cope with it. I had hoped he would have been off the breast by now, they are really sore too. How can I get him to stop ASAP!

theUrbanDryad Fri 10-Aug-07 23:13:56

sorry, no personal advice to give, but have you looked here on kellymom? some really good advice re tandem nursing on there!

good luck - i think you're a total hero for nursing during pg!!

loopyredangel Fri 10-Aug-07 23:19:45

thanks for the help and support, really don't want to do tandem feeding, I feel the time has come, I'm obviously not producing any milk now, and DS is def. using them as a dummy, he is addicted!

loopyredangel Sat 11-Aug-07 22:18:43

BUMP x

determination Sat 11-Aug-07 22:43:57

What about getting the "Big Brother Fairy!" to come and take "Mummies Milk" and replace it with a new toy car or something because he is a big boy now and no long needs mummies milk. Make a big deal about it.

loopyredangel Sat 11-Aug-07 22:59:11

Thanks for that, I will give it a try, I have been trying to replace it with cuddles and it works every now and then.

loopyredangel Mon 13-Aug-07 21:23:23

Any ideas?! Breasts are too sore now, very cracked and right nipple bleeding!!!! Really want to put a stop to this now, please help

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: