Talk

Advanced search

Elvie breast pump- anyone used?

(4 Posts)
FiveFarthings Wed 18-Sep-19 16:30:43

Thinking of getting an Elvie and wondering if anyone had any experiences of using one (good and bad). Currently using a Mam electric pump which is working well but the convenience and discrete use of the Elvie appeal to me. Any opinions before I spend the money?

Mella91 Sat 28-Sep-19 14:28:02

I wanted one too after my sumgott broke one me but a close friend has one and after discussing with her I chose the spectra S1 and I am over the moon with it.

Friend said the convenience was amazing as she had her hands free and could pump whilst shopping travelling etc. However she couldn't do chores as she couldn't bend due to the Elvie leaking. Also she complained of a few leaks at work and said she always had to carry a spare bra and shirt with her.

Twistering Sat 05-Oct-19 09:50:32

Placemarking! I am tempted as would be hugely helpful but they are so £££ and all the reviews seem a bit too good to be true...

jpeg32 Thu 10-Oct-19 14:02:09

I have one, it's brilliant in that you can pump easily anywhere and I get quite a lot of milk from it. But it's very sensitive. If it's not cleaned properly for example it won't work, if you lean forward it will leak. I still think it's well worth the money. Sadly my DD won't take a bloody bottle so my pumping is a waste right now!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »