Talk

Advanced search

2 year old eating

(2 Posts)
bc1234 Tue 17-Sep-19 19:08:16

Hi everyone,
I haven't posted in a while but I have posted a few times under different names.
I am wondering if anyone can give me any advice please my 2 year old

She is such a fussy eater, she seems to eat anything at nursery, but at home we struggle, typical day below:
6:30am weetabix at home with us
8:00am toast at nursery
11:30 lunch (at nursery will eat pretty much anything) usually along the lines of bean hash, veggie stew etc
3:30 high tea at nursery, as above usually things like crumpets, hummus and breadsticks
Then when she gets home around 6pm we offer her tea, examples, fish cakes beans veggies soup chicken curry etc

She then has a full bottle before her bed time as this helps settle her to sleep, i am going to start phasing this out now and just offering a cup of milk at bed time but my issue is that if she's not full she won't sleep and then will wake up in the night which then affects breakfast the following day

Over the weekends when she is at home with us we struggle with her eating, she refuses so much, any advice on how to deal with the refusing? I feel like I've tried everything, I always try and sit down with her with my own lunch at the same nursery times to keep to routine but that doesn't seem to help much

Any advice would be amazing!
Thank you

OP’s posts: |
Sunnysideup321 Tue 17-Sep-19 19:52:41

I have a 2 and a 1/2 DS. Luckily he eats almost everything but I make a point about letting him choose. I'll give him 2 options and he picks 1. Sometimes he will test the boundaries and ask for the other option when I hand him his choice but i put the plate down and walk away. If they are hungry enough they will eat. The health visitor told me they will only go to bed hungry once then they will learn from it.

Very hard on you though.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in