Talk

Advanced search

colic??

(4 Posts)
yumeymummy Thu 09-Aug-07 18:01:58

Does anybody know the signs of colic?
My 3 week old has had a whole day of crying, she wont bring up any wind, shes drawing her knees up all the time and is being fussy when feeding. She was having about 3oz every 3hrs now having about 1 and half oz every 2 hrs and is very fretful.
I nver had any of this with my first baby, so not sure if its just an off day of is maybe colic?

yumeymummy Thu 09-Aug-07 18:02:48

forgot to add shes been having infacol the last 3 days, it was working but now doesnt seem to be? x

amidaiwish Thu 09-Aug-07 18:12:46

not sure if it's colic but she certainly sounds in distress with trapped wind.

i found gripe water good when infacol wasn't enough. i think you have to wait til they're 4 weeks (not sure that a week matters though...?!)

lazyemma Fri 10-Aug-07 10:03:01

It doesn't sound like colic from your description alone. I'm pretty sure the medical definition of colic is concerned with crying bouts that follow the rule of "3" - crying for at least 3 hours a day, for at least 3 days a week. The drawing knees up is a symptom too, but that could be due to other digestive issues, like trapped wind as amidawish says. My daughter had trouble with that, and Infacol helped for us. Never tried gripe water, but heard good things about it. You can get it in most chemists and I've seen Tesco sells it too.

I don't know if you're already doing this but for a long old while we were winding B after every ounce, rather than at the end of a feed. It made feeds last longer but she seemed more settled afterwards.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: