Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

So are you a lifter or a puller?

(15 Posts)
bumperlicious Thu 09-Aug-07 13:35:43

It seems to me that the secret to discreet breast feeding is to lift your top up, rather than pull if down and whack everything over the top like I do!

I do it that way because a) i'm not sure I would be able to see what I was doing if I lifted my top up and DD is only 7 weeks so she still needs a bit of attention when latching on and b) I don't want to expose my stretch marked flabby tummy! However, pulling them down is starting to take it's toll on some of my clothes so maybe I will have to try lift my top up.

So just wondering are you a lifter or a puller?

footprints Thu 09-Aug-07 13:37:29

Lifter - but mainly because I normally wear t-shirts and other high necked type tops and would have to squeeze my boobie out the top in a horrible way otherwise!!!

throckenholt Thu 09-Aug-07 13:39:26

I was always a lifter - never a puller - babies and arms and cushions and chair arms etc all tended to cover any flabby tummy exposure .

Gingerbear Thu 09-Aug-07 13:40:37

wear a boob tube under your top - pulled up to under your breasts IYSWIM, hides a multitude of post PG sins!

Pidge Thu 09-Aug-07 13:40:38

bumperlicious - getting the baby latched on in those early weeks is so darned difficult I had to do it completely topless to start with!! After that I was a "lifter" - and remember once that baby is in place no-one can see either flabby tummy or anything else very much.

But it does take quite a bit of practise getting the baby on there in the first place!

doggiesayswoof Thu 09-Aug-07 13:50:27

I was a lifter

I used to wear a vest top with a cardi or shirt over it (buttoned up) then reach down and pull up the vest - cardi stayed over tum. Bit sweaty on a hot day mind.

Philomytha Thu 09-Aug-07 14:27:59

Definitely a lifter. At least after the first month or so when I was an any-way-it-works-er, and didn't dare bf outside the house because it took about fifteen goes to get him latched on correctly. But since then, only a lifter. If you wear a cardigan or jacket or something then there's even less post-pregnancy tummy on show, and with older babies it blocks some of their view so they don't get so distracted.

SpawnHorcrux Thu 09-Aug-07 14:33:00

I do more lifting, but will pull if need be. If I'm feeling bashful about pulling and exposing too much I might drape a muslin over the top. And then DS would remove it with a flourish. Actually his head blocks most of the 'view'.

Guitargirl Thu 09-Aug-07 15:38:53

Bit of both: I wear a top with a vest underneath, lift the top and pull the vest. Unless I'm at home in which case no vest and just lift.

flibertyplus2 Thu 09-Aug-07 15:46:44

Always a lifter, I found Belly Huggers to cover my wobbly stretched-marked middle, they are fab!

Look here ->www.maternityandnursing.co.uk/displayproduct.php?catname=Breastfeeding&id=4&subcat=2&catid=1

Good for during pregnancy too.

determination Thu 09-Aug-07 16:11:10

I bought bfing tops and absolutely love them. I feel that 2nd tiome round i have more than double the confidence to feed in public as no one sees a thing. I am completely covered all over i got some here also got some from H&M which are also very nice

mawbroon Thu 09-Aug-07 20:11:01

I am a lifter but ds (21months) is a puller, trying to get to the other boob at the same time. He's only got one mouth, so I don't know what he thinks he will achieve by having them both out!! I have to be very careful that he doesn't expose the lot when we are feeding!

harpsichordcarrier Thu 09-Aug-07 20:12:00

lifter
often wear vest/cami with short on top though

Washersaurus Thu 09-Aug-07 20:18:10

I'm a lifter too, wear a vest underneath top to cover wobbly tum.

bumperlicious Fri 10-Aug-07 08:11:19

Ok, I'm going to have to learn how to lift if I want to be discreet feeder. Hmm, good excuse to invest in some pretty cardis and vest tops!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now