Talk

Advanced search

Burping issues

(7 Posts)
Mrsmummy90 Sun 25-Aug-19 00:44:05

Hi,

My dd is nearly 4 weeks old and ebf. She rarely burps after feeds no matter how long we burp her for or what position we have her in but as soon as we lie her down after eventually giving up, she'll projectile vomit.

Is there anything I could try to help her get her wind up? I'd appreciate any advice.

FairyDust92 Sun 25-Aug-19 01:52:34

Not sure if this is helpful but with my LO but sitting him slightly on my leg helps with him or over the shoulder (sorry, you probably do this anyway). I also noticed by chance when I was walking down the stairs with him he burped. Had to go downstairs as door bell rung and burped on the way down and on the way back up!

Mrsmummy90 Sun 25-Aug-19 10:42:36

Thanks for your reply smile

Those techniques are the ones I try the most but they don't appear to be effective.
I'll try going up and down the stairs with her lol! Thank you x

Pinkblueberry Sun 25-Aug-19 10:46:09

Infacol? Worked well for my DS. It helps the little air bubbles form into bigger single bubbles which are easier to burp out.

FairyDust92 Sun 25-Aug-19 11:09:16

That's okay. I also tried infacol which did help but made him poo a lot lol. My LO would rather pass it out the other end like his father 😳 x

Mrsmummy90 Sun 25-Aug-19 22:16:37

Thanks I'll read up on infacol 😊

Pinkblueberry Sun 25-Aug-19 22:23:17

My LO would rather pass it out the other end like his father

Hehe I don’t think we had that issue, but I suppose at least it’s a bit easier to contain than the spitting up and vomit. What a choice, oh how I miss those days grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »