Talk

Advanced search

Best bottle for baby using nipple shields

(5 Posts)
Daffodil2018 Fri 19-Jul-19 18:47:47

DD is 6 months and we have used nipple shields since she was born. I am EBF. I have tried repeatedly to get her off the shields but we've never quite managed it so I have resigned myself to using them.

We've just started weaning and I would really like to get her on a bottle soon too. I just wondered if anyone knows of a teat that is similar to a Medela nipple shield? We've tried Nuk, Mam and the medela calma but none of them works. Anything shaped too much like a nipple doesn't work. It needs to be completely round and tapered if that makes sense. Anyone seen anything like this?

MrsGrannyWeatherwax Fri 19-Jul-19 18:50:18

Yes we’re in the same situation - I’ve stopped trying to get baby off the shields.

The Tommie Tippie are rounded like the shields - we use the colic and standard ones

saywhatwhatnow Fri 19-Jul-19 19:14:12

Yeah tommee tipping are the most nipple shield shaped. Dr browns are very hard teats which may also suit. Probably a case of trial and error. Good luck!

stellaaaaaa Fri 19-Jul-19 19:36:30

I was in a similar situation with my DS and the Dr Browns bottles worked a treat. Also managed to drop the shields out of the blue around 6 months so don't give up hope!

Daffodil2018 Fri 19-Jul-19 23:08:28

Oh thanks all! This is really helpful. It's nice to know others are/have been in the same boat too! I'll have a look at the TT and DrB ones.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »