Advanced search

So when does it become extended then?

(22 Posts)
hatrickjacqueline Fri 27-Jul-07 19:33:53

Message withdrawn

hatrickjacqueline Fri 27-Jul-07 20:31:40

Message withdrawn

harpsichordcarrier Fri 27-Jul-07 20:36:09

congratulations and welcome to the weirdy bf club.
does she have her own special name for it?

hatrickjacqueline Fri 27-Jul-07 20:37:14

Message withdrawn

harpsichordcarrier Fri 27-Jul-07 20:39:03

self weaning is absolutely the most wonderful thing.
but feeding a toddler is quite an interesting experience, esp when they don't take no for an answer

hatrickjacqueline Fri 27-Jul-07 20:39:36

Message withdrawn

hatrickjacqueline Fri 27-Jul-07 20:40:42

Message withdrawn

harpsichordcarrier Fri 27-Jul-07 20:53:55

shall I scare you by telling you when dd1 self weaned

hatrickjacqueline Fri 27-Jul-07 20:54:58

Message withdrawn

ProjectSeverus Fri 27-Jul-07 20:55:40

<awaits self weaning tale>

<despairs of dd1 3.2 ever weaning>

CantSleepWontSleep Fri 27-Jul-07 20:56:18

Could you lie and say that most girls self-wean at 18 months please, as dd is nearly there!

harpsichordcarrier Fri 27-Jul-07 21:00:20

er, no I don't think so. selfweaning tends to happen between 2 and 4. (unless nursing strike/pregnancy changes)
dd1 was three and a mumble-stumble.
well long before she was four anyway.
she stopped having regular feeds at three and four months.
but after the age of ?18 months, she only fed in the morning, nap and bed time.
unlike dd2 who brings new meaning to the term demand feeding

hatrickjacqueline Fri 27-Jul-07 21:01:49

Message withdrawn

CantSleepWontSleep Fri 27-Jul-07 21:03:51

<<CSWS inserts fingers into ears>>

La la la, I'm not listening.

harpsichordcarrier Fri 27-Jul-07 21:04:55

no it was lovely, really. in truth I had a little <eek> just before she turned three. because two is one thing, but three / anyway I am really very glad she self weaned because it was gradual and gentle and I feel I gave her a really good start. there were so many times (when she wsa upset, or ill, or away from home, or her routine was disrupted) when I thought I am soooo glad I am still bf, this is bringing her (and me) a lot of comfort.anyway, here endeth the soliloquy

popsycal Fri 27-Jul-07 21:05:47

ds2 is almost 2 and a half and now pisses himself laughing by asking for it in the daytime when he knows it is a 'bedroom' thing....
He says 'jubaba mummy?' with a funny half grin/innocent looking, butter wouldn't melt face. Then says, in unison with me, 'No, just at bedtime' then cackles with laughter!

Feeding a toddler is another kettle of fish altogther - but equally amazing!

ProjectSeverus Fri 27-Jul-07 21:06:42

pregnancy had no impact here.

dd2 totally different.

erm can we make extended a bit more than a year? Because I have just realised dd2 is going to be 1 in a month and I am surely a fraek if I am extended bf two children.
<hangs head .

harpsichordcarrier Fri 27-Jul-07 21:08:12

lol at popsycal
dd1's ambition used to be "more [her word for it] on the sofa! more on the sofa!" the veritable holy grail because I tried to limit it to Bedroom Only
interestingly with dd2 I haven't tried to put any limits on it at all, I just don't care anymore I suppose.
when I was tandem feeding the holy grail became "more all togedder" which must have been quite a sight

harpsichordcarrier Fri 27-Jul-07 21:09:30

my supply did dwindle for a bit when I was pregnant, dd1 would whack the bosom and shout "\more NOT WORKING!" but she was not to be dissauded and just kept demanding until supply caught up

popsycal Fri 27-Jul-07 21:12:13

Makes me laugh!
DS2 occasionally asks for 'Jubaba down-tairs me see ds1' who stays up 15 mins later than ds2. He also has a funny little routine where he says 'Mummy want jubaba? Noooooooo! Daddy want jubaba? Noooooo? Ds1 want jubaba? Yes!!! Me no share ds1 mummy jubaba! My jubaba! Me eat jubaba! Me drink jubaba! Me cough jubaba!!!!'

popsycal Fri 27-Jul-07 21:13:59

just to add, ds1 has not had jubaba <ahem> breastmilk since he was abotu 5 months. DS2 just has a 'no share' phase right now!

CantSleepWontSleep Fri 27-Jul-07 21:24:25

pmsl at popsycal's ds!

Dd not speaking enough to ask for it verbally yet, so I still have that joy to come .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now