Talk

Advanced search

Cow and gate anti reflux milk

(5 Posts)
claire93 Mon 24-Jun-19 16:00:40

Hi my daughter is four months old and weighs 11lbs 11oz she is on 6oz every three hours we had her on cow and gate number 1 but she seems to be really struggling with reflux the doctor recommended gaviscon infant but that hasn't made any difference and just made her constipated I'm now trying cow and gate anti reflux milk but is there any recommendations or advice with this milk. And if it doesn't work what other options can I look at. P.s my doctors are rubbish.

OP’s posts: |
Mummy081212 Thu 27-Jun-19 07:05:57

My little boy has thrived on this milk after being medicated for reflux. I made the decision to stop his reflux medication and he’s now a happy 8 month old who loves his milk and food! Gaviscon didn’t work for us. Just make sure you follow instructions and allow it to thicken for 7 minutes. It’s the longest 7 minutes of your life when Baby is crying for a bottle but in my opinion - worth it! Good luck!

YouCantBeSadHoldingACupcake Thu 27-Jun-19 07:11:17

My ds was so much better on this milk. Make sure you follow the instructions properly or you may get lumps. Also a faster flowing teat may be useful as it is very thick

claire93 Fri 28-Jun-19 07:32:00

She has been on it for a few days now and seems so much happier we have bought fast flowing teets. She isnt vomiting after feeds it's great. But she is suffering from bad constipation really struggling with her number twos bless her. But I have read that this milk does do that and that her body will eventually regulate did your little ones have any trouble with this?

OP’s posts: |
Sammy151 Sat 29-Jun-19 21:14:03

My son is on sma anti relux and zantac. He goes to the toilet maybe every day - day and a half. Didn't cause constipation. Just a night mare to make!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in