Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Growths Spurts When?

(5 Posts)
determination Mon 23-Jul-07 21:06:19

My dd2 is now nearly 21 weeks - exclusively BFed and since last wed i have done nothing but feed feed feed. I am exhausted and my nipples are aching enough for me to resort to the Silverette again. Whats going on? Is this a growth spurt?

kittywits Mon 23-Jul-07 21:34:01

how about trying some 'solids'?

beanbearer Mon 23-Jul-07 23:56:42

Almost certainly yes. As with all previous ones, keep the faith that the difficult patch will pass and you'll be on to sunnier times before long!

determination Tue 24-Jul-07 09:22:38

Thanx, for a while i thought i was loosing my sanity. Last night i ate a whole pack of cheesy Oat Cakes and this morning after feeding i was still engorged. Only problem now is that i have a tender patch i think might be a blockage GGGRrrr.

beanbearer Tue 24-Jul-07 10:17:04

Has anyone described "gravity feeding" to you? Try lying your baby on the bed and then doing a kind of push up over her so that your breast hangs down into her mouth. If you can arrange the 2 of you so that your baby's chin works on the lumpy/tender patch, that'll clear it quicker than anything because it's the lower jaw that does most of the work. Holding yourself in that position is a bit uncomfortable but not half as bad as mastitis! Also, try to use that side first until it's cleared. Best of luck with it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now