Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Freezing expressed breast milk

(5 Posts)
milkmummy1 Fri 20-Jul-07 20:25:37

Hello
I have those lansinoh freezer bags and have been freezing milk. can anyone help with a few questions please?
- if i express some milk, is it ok to add to it later and then freeze it or does it neeed to be frozen straight away?
- when milk has been defrosted can i then add, if necesary, fresh expressed milk to it or would it need to be stored separately?
- and finally, if i have a couple of glasses of wine after putting baby to bed at 7.30, will this have left my milk completely by the time i feed him at 5am the next morning or will some still get through?
Big thanks!

moondog Fri 20-Jul-07 20:27:04

You can do all of those.

No probs with drinking even when breastfeeding.

You deserve a glass or two of wine frankly.

quint Fri 20-Jul-07 20:29:45

Hello

When I was freezing milk for my local milk bank they said it was OK to mix the milk and freeze later and to add to that frozen milk as long as you date it for the oldest milk and use it by the expiry date (sorry can;t remember how long now - I think 3 months but check instructions)

re the wine - I personally wouldn't worry about it but thats me! I think its something like an hour for every unit but I could be wrong - no doubt someone else will be able to help you with that one.

Enjoy your wine!

milkmummy1 Sun 22-Jul-07 20:42:00

thank you quint and moondog.once you have allowed the relevant time to pass after drinking the wine, has it completely left your system or will some be there the next day? bit paranoid about this you see!

quint Mon 23-Jul-07 09:16:03

Sorry not too sure about the wine but, but as I said before I really wouldn't worry after a couple of glasses of wine and there being that long in between drinking and feeding. Unless of course it causes you masses iof stress then don;t drink. I had the odd glass of wine throughout both pregnancies and whilst bf and no harm came to either DD, however I never had any mroe than 2 small glasses and it was only once / twice a week - I never gor drunk or drank to excess - hope that helps

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now