Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Expressing milk

(6 Posts)
yellowfrin Thu 19-Jul-07 15:33:09

I have just started to express my milk. Today after about 45 min of pumping and a very sore wrist I stopped at 2 fl oz . How much does a 10 week old baby eat?? She feeds every two to three hours during the day. Cheers

domesticgrumpess Thu 19-Jul-07 15:53:09

Message withdrawn

LUCIA22 Thu 19-Jul-07 18:59:41

I had much the same the first time but can now get 4-5ml each time. I found it quite painful at first also but found the solution was to not press the handle right down, I still got a good flow but without the pain. The HV told me that at 10 weeks DD would probably take approx 4ml at each feed. She is feeding about every 2 hours in the day too. I have not left her for any length of time yet so havent been able to test it out.

yellowfrin Sat 21-Jul-07 11:24:29

thanks guys I ll just keep at it. Tried giving her a bottle the other day and she wasn't having it. Any teats that are better then others?

quiveutmabonnebaguette Sat 21-Jul-07 11:31:07

I'm using the nuk teats for my dd..they are fab as it look like a nipple...

Look at this

coleyboy Sat 21-Jul-07 11:31:16

Give yourself a pat on the back for 2 fl oz!

I was never a prolific expresser, but some days I got more than others. I found doing it in a quiet room after a bath made a difference, although it's different strokes for different folks.

I used Avent teats. Although I am not convinced it matters what teats you use, plastic just isn't as nice as nipple. So keep on trying!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now