Talk

Advanced search

Quick question : Do you think 125 ml of EBM is enought to leave to my DH.....

(14 Posts)
Summerfruit Sat 07-Jul-07 12:12:26

Message withdrawn

FlamingTomatoes Sat 07-Jul-07 12:15:07

Plenty! baby won't starve with 4 oz of EBM. baby may quite fancy a bit more, but definatly won't starve or dehydrate.

Chirpygirl Sat 07-Jul-07 12:16:02

How old is the baby? I used to tank up DD with a good few breastfeeds before I went out and leave 3 or 4 oz which would last one feed so if it about that much I'd say it's ok..

Am not sure what ml into Oz is though!

Chirpygirl Sat 07-Jul-07 12:16:50

Oh it is 4oz? In that case yes, that's plenty unless your baby is over a year old and a glutton like mine

Summerfruit Sat 07-Jul-07 12:17:29

Message withdrawn

Summerfruit Sat 07-Jul-07 12:19:07

Message withdrawn

Chirpygirl Sat 07-Jul-07 12:22:59

Def put in 2 bottles as she might only want a small comfort feed, especially if you tank her up beforehand. I don't know if reheating reheated (!) milk is a good idea

And have fun at the cinema !

FlamingTomatoes Sat 07-Jul-07 12:26:11

definately in 2 bottles - at 7 weeks ds2 wouldn't have drunk more than 3 oz at a BIG feed, and he was no small size either.

Ds1 would have drunk 7 oz but he was seriously gluttonous.

RCS Sat 07-Jul-07 13:51:23

I have exclusively breastfed DS for 20 weeks, but am now thinking would like a bit of my life back, & as he feeds every 2 hours morning & night that hasn't been possible. Have expressed some milk into tommee tippee closer to nature bottles so that ny Mum could have him for a couple of hours & feed him, but he's not taking to the bottle. Any tips to help him adjust??

Chirpygirl Sat 07-Jul-07 17:01:33

Have you been trying to feed him or have you got someone else to have a go? DD wouldn't take a bottle while I was even in the house, let alone the same room! It might be worth getting someone else to try as a first resort...

RCS Sun 08-Jul-07 10:09:28

Thanks Chirpygirl. I wasn't there when my Mum tried to feed him. He was hungry too, but decided he would wait until I got back & catch up then. Will have to persevere I suppose & try again in a few days time.

Chirpygirl Sun 08-Jul-07 15:59:15

As he's 20 weeks it may be worth trying with a sippy cup rather than a bottle, just sit him up a bit and see what he makes of it.

RCS Sun 08-Jul-07 20:20:41

I know this is probably going to sound a stupid question (I am new to all this!), but I thought sippycups were just for juice & water?

Chirpygirl Sun 08-Jul-07 21:27:28

No, not at all, any liquid can be drunk out of any cup (as long as it is clean, you don't want to mix orange juice with milk )
You might get more answers if you started a new thread BTW

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now