Talk

Advanced search

Ow! WTF is wrong with my boob?

(9 Posts)
NotQuiteCockney Sat 07-Jul-07 10:32:57

I am still BF DS2 (3 in September), so I'm putting this problem in this section, although I don't think the problem is bf-related.

Yesterday afternoon my left (better) breast was aching a bit. This morning it was worse. DS2 fed well, which has helped some, but it is still sore.

The discomfort isn't at the surface, there's no redness, I don't think it's a blocked duct or mastitis. The tenderness is well under the surface, maybe in the milk ducts? It doesn't hurt all the time, just if nudged, or if I go over a bump in the car etc.

It's not agony, it's just unnerving.

Could I have just bruised something? I took a dose of iboprofen this morning, in the hopes that would help, maybe it has ...

I've convinced myself a couple of times that there's a lump in there, but it doesn't really feel different from the other breast.

filthymindedvixen Sat 07-Jul-07 10:42:26

I think you should have it checked out by gp just in case.

Have you checked your armpit? Glands there can make boob hurt if swollen IME.

(I spent a month convincing myself I had breast cancer before working out it was hormonal boob 'tenderness' - that medical euphamism for 'ouch, really quite fecking painful'. I had never had it before but vit b complexes have helped - and with my moood swings too)

NotQuiteCockney Sat 07-Jul-07 10:43:36

My armpit is fine, I've just checked. I think the hormonal sort of tenderness is meant to be just before one's period? I'm not there.

If it's still bad on Monday I will go to the GP.

sniff Sat 07-Jul-07 10:49:12

does it ache when you take your bra off I know this sounds silly but I had this for about 4 weeks if I touched it it really hurt

I convinced my self I had something serious

NotQuiteCockney Sat 07-Jul-07 10:50:26

Walking around braless hurts more than walking around with a bra on. I have tiny norks, so although I normally wear a bra in the day, it isn't really mandatory, normally.

sniff Sat 07-Jul-07 12:19:07

mine has gone now but lasted for 4 weeks

but I would get it checked ou at the DRs

NotQuiteCockney Sat 07-Jul-07 18:44:06

I think it's getting better, so it's obviously less severe than yours was, sniff. Thank goodness.

peanutbear Sat 07-Jul-07 19:57:54

sniff here I had stoped the last feed well DDhad so maybe yours is cutting down frightening though

NotQuiteCockney Sun 08-Jul-07 07:56:39

I think my boob is getting better. Certainly not getting worse. I don't think DS2 is cutting down, he's quite ... emphatic ... about the whole BF thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now