Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

10mth old biting my nipples - Ouch!!

(7 Posts)
Tentiebug Tue 03-Jul-07 20:22:45

He has 2 top and 2 bottom front teeth which he likes to chop down on my nipple mid feed, he knows what he is doing as he looks at me smiles and laughs.
I have tried saying no firmly, taken him off the nipple and also pushing him into my breast.
What else can I do to stop him?

callmeovercautious Tue 03-Jul-07 20:28:54

I know some people will disagree but I shout ouch loudly as nothing else worked. It shocks her a little but she soon stops. It starts again when she is getting a new tooth.

Tentiebug Tue 03-Jul-07 20:30:59

Maybe that's it, I can see more lumpy gums .
Will try the ouch see what happens, my guess is smiles and laughter as usual

determination Tue 03-Jul-07 21:12:51

I honestly would not recommend shouting "Ouch" as the fright from this may be associated with the breast and could cause breast refusal.

Having experienced Nipple confusion with dd1 and having to deal with the pchycological/emotional feelings of my dd rejecting me. It was not nice, i was actually probably in dia need of medication and would not wish it on my worst enemy.

Please don't frighten your baby whilst at the breast . The breast should be associated with love, security and happiness ALWAYS

determination Tue 03-Jul-07 21:17:39

What to do when baby bites

Tentiebug Tue 03-Jul-07 21:17:51

Will not be shouting it don't worry
Just he knows what he's doing too! He's a great happy smiley thing, just a pita at feeding and biting.

VengefulSquirrel Fri 10-Aug-07 10:27:11

Thanks for the link, Determination that was a big help. Followed it to another page about distractible babies, that is my DD to a T, think that she is biting because of this. 5 months old and 2 very sharp teeth...ouch!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now