Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

what foods upset your bf baby?

(12 Posts)
cameroonmama Mon 02-Jul-07 20:53:00

I'm curious really about people's experiences of what food they have eaten while bf that result in an unsettled baby the next day? We had a bad day yesterday down to either asparagus, green tea or one single glass of wine (please don't let it be the wine )

mawbroon Mon 02-Jul-07 21:43:10

None - and I eat everything and anything.

Jomaja Mon 02-Jul-07 22:16:05

Chocolate , tea, coffee (or anything else with caffeine), tomatoes, leeks, onions, kormas (didn't even bother trying any other curries), peppers.
Saying that that was in the first four months, now ds is fine with whatever I have (strangely the glass of champagne I had at New Year's eve did not affect him at all, he was around 3 months then
Every baby is different though and some seem to be affected by what mum eats and drinks, others are not.

hana Mon 02-Jul-07 22:16:55

nothign has ever upset the 3 that I have breastfed
lucky? I don't know

hope it's not the wine!

SconesandMajesticSandwiches Mon 02-Jul-07 22:19:04

DD£ seemed to have a problem with Garlic.
I couldn't stand teh smell when I was preg. When I was bf - if I had garlic for tea she would get very fussy with hte hindmilk 2-3hours later until the next lunchtime.

cameroonmama Tue 03-Jul-07 12:34:13

Jomaja that must have been a difficult 4 months .

I can't remember my other two dc being affected at all by anything I ate apart from a really hot curry. I did have a couple of g&ts with dd and she slept solidly for the whole of the next day

So do we think it is only the early months when they are affected by what mum eats or drinks? Ds2 is 7 weeks old by the way.

daisyandbabybootoo Tue 03-Jul-07 12:39:14

a visitor brought me a bag of sherbet lemons when i was in after my c-section....poor ds was up with very bad wind all night

curry affected her too but not to the same extent as the sherbet.

and fizzy drinks don't go down too well either.

she's only four weeks so hings may change

daisyandbabybootoo Tue 03-Jul-07 12:39:33

oop...meant dd not ds

Tapster Tue 03-Jul-07 13:44:29

First 6 months no coffee and champagne (sob). Now I can have everything but 6 months without coffee now means I go a bit loopy when I drink it. I avoided curry for the first 3 months, then I tried it when I had some EBM in store in the freezer, DD was fine and I now can have very hot curry with no ill impact although I ate curry throughout pregnancy

lemonaid Tue 03-Jul-07 13:47:09

Only fenugreek -- we both reacted badly to that when I tried taking it in capsules. Nothing else was a problem.

yaddayah Tue 03-Jul-07 13:51:32

Chinese takeaways (which sadly used to be our Friday night treat) Everything else was fine, I did cut back on coffee, but probably made up for the caffiene loss in chocolate

mum2george Tue 03-Jul-07 17:40:36

I aren't bfing now but when I did, pre-weaning, it was caffiene. Took a while to work out but cut my tea intake down to 2 cups a day and the colic dissappeared.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now