Talk

Advanced search

Extended breastfeeding - suddenly this is exhausting me - why?

(5 Posts)
whomovedmychocolate Sun 01-Jul-07 15:27:10

I'm still nursing DD who is nearly nine months and 22lbs. I'd say 90% of her calories come from milk - we are BLW.

In the last few weeks she's had a major growth spurt and now I'm finding I'm absolutely knackered and that I can actually feel the milk being produced. I go up around two cup sizes between feeds and I feel like my boobs have their own heatsource.

Is this normal? DH says if I'm getting too tired I should wean but I'd like to continue to a year if dd is willing and I'm able.

kiskidee Sun 01-Jul-07 15:36:45

try to feed her lying down in the afternoons and the two of you can share a snooze together? I can sympathise as dd only started taking solids in appreciable quantities well after a year.

whomovedmychocolate Sun 01-Jul-07 15:41:01

I've tried that but she's a fidgeter and I can't nap myself so it's really frustrating.

I keep thinking I must be gaining weight because I'm hungry all the time but don't seem to be too!

kiskidee Sun 01-Jul-07 15:44:44

sounds like your dd is having a growth spurt then.

oh, if you can't nap, then go to bed anyway, not to nap, but to have some quiet, down time. let your mind wander. you may find that you 'learn' how to nap, in time.

try it around dd's normal napping time?

just a suggestion.

whomovedmychocolate Sun 01-Jul-07 20:43:29

Thanks it's a good suggestion. I hadn't thought it might be another growth spurt. But she's shot up just recently, I've had to put her in 12-18 month clothes because she's too tall for smaller sizes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now