Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

15 week old suddenly eating far more often

(12 Posts)
Ettenna Fri 29-Jun-07 08:53:34

My LO was ALMOST sleeping through and is now waking 3/4 times - and he's ravenous! He's also looking for a feed about every 1 1/2 to 2 hours in the day. I don't mind feeding him whenever he wants but was just wondering if a growth spurt is common around this age? Or is breast no longer filling him up? Several people have said try formula for his last day feed but I'm not convinced.

ratfly Fri 29-Jun-07 08:57:41

Bound to be a growth spurt!! Stick with it - it'll probably pass in a couple of days

littlelapin Fri 29-Jun-07 08:59:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

tibsy Fri 29-Jun-07 08:59:53

hi ettenna, i would say, ime, its a growth spurt. dd had them every couple of weeks sometimes. i just went with it and fed her as often as she needed, to 'up' the milk supply to the new demand she required iyswim? it is tiring, but it'll soon pass

Ettenna Fri 29-Jun-07 09:00:06

thanks for your quick reply! I hope it's a spurt! i don't want to start on bottles yet. he's been like it for almost a week - do growth spurts last this long?

littlelapin Fri 29-Jun-07 09:01:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ettenna Fri 29-Jun-07 09:08:32

Thank you! DS is a whopper - on the 99th centile (10lbs at birth) and i worry incase his nutritional needs are way ahead of average too.

ratfly Fri 29-Jun-07 09:17:23

Don't add formula is you don't want to - a growth spurt is there to increase your supply and if you introduce a bottle your supply won't keep in line with your baby's needs. Of course, if you want to add a bottle do so, but ime you will need to keep that bottle every day.

Stick with it, it's probably on its tail end by now. I sometimes found growth spurts ran into each other - so it can feel a lot longer than it is!

Good luck!

lulumama Fri 29-Jun-07 09:19:14

growth spurt...often happens around this time...feed him at the breast as much as he wants, will ensure your supply steps up to his demand..

Amberjee Fri 29-Jun-07 12:05:20

agree with all - forget the formula, curl up with the remote and feed feed feed. should pass soon enough as feeding like this will boost supply.

Amberjee Fri 29-Jun-07 12:09:39

agree with all - forget the formula, curl up with the remote and feed feed feed. should pass soon enough as feeding like this will boost supply.

Amberjee Fri 29-Jun-07 12:32:09

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now