Talk

Advanced search

going back to work, dwindling milk supply, I think it's time to call it a day :(

(2 Posts)
ratfly Fri 29-Jun-07 08:51:02

Well, I have been mix-feeding successfully for a while, but ds (5 months) has been getting fussier and more distractable, and bf has become more and more difficult. He has been demanding bfs more often, but will go for 3 1/2 hours with a ff. I think my supply hasbeen dwindling since I started mixed feeding.

Last night I gave him a full bf at 3am. He woke 20 mins later and usually this would go on for ages with me feeding and him waking. So I nipped downstairs and got a bottle - he took 4 oz and slept through til 7.

I am back to work next week, so have no time to build up my supply, nor am I inclined to as I am so busy.

So it looks like it's time to stop bf. I knew this day would come. I just never realised quite how upset I would feel.

tibsy Fri 29-Jun-07 09:11:52

hi ratfly, just wanted to offer my support. i've found bfing to be an emotional experience as well as a physical one, so can understand how you're feeling. you've done a great job and given ds the best start. i hope it gets easier for you soon. hugs

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now