Talk

Advanced search

Best WASHABLE Breastpads?

(17 Posts)
maveta Thu 28-Jun-07 12:22:01

The best disposable ones I have found are lansinoh so am looking for something similar but washable i.e.

- very slim
- slightly pinky colour on the outside so it does not show through white t-shirts
- large diameter so it forms to the breast better and does not give the old fried eggs look.

I have got lilypadz but am not 100% confident with them yet i.e. to wear on a long night out when I REALLY do not want a leak and also they are not working at night time for me at the moment so need an alternative...

Any suggestions?

Flame Thu 28-Jun-07 12:32:29

these look quite good - a range of shades and sizes. I've not actually tried using them though.

determination Thu 28-Jun-07 16:06:07

I used the disposable Heavenly Breast Pads(£5.99 for 100) which are identical to Lansinoh and thought they were amazing. Then i wakened up one morning in May and decided i was going all environmentally friendly and started buying reusable shopping bags and breast pads! I have tried Lanowool pads, they are so soft next to the skin and my breasts felt like they could breathe they absorbed the milk but did not feel wet - strange eh?. The only down point is that when washed they went an oval shape. I then tried Medela Washable Bra Pads They are not as soft but have a lace on the outside which makes them a little less discreet, quite absorbant and wash well. I then tried Lansinoh washable pads and they a very soft and absorbant, they are contoured which means they have a little seem up the side and in the middle which is quite pointy! but i love them.

determination Thu 28-Jun-07 16:07:48

i meant to add that the lansinoh pads really need to be ironed after washing!!

maveta Thu 28-Jun-07 16:13:19

Thanks flame, will have a look...

determination.. can you see the lansinoh ones through white tops?

determination Thu 28-Jun-07 16:23:01

Yes you can.. they are white, so i think they are more visible than other pads.

Gingerbear Thu 28-Jun-07 16:29:55

I have the lansinoh ones.
They are absorbant, but my norks look like they are wearing shades.

like these

Flame Thu 28-Jun-07 16:30:28

Yup - you can see the Lasinoh ones through... very VERY clearly They are quite thick too so give a lumpy effect.

I had some great ones, but they were from a shop closing down and I can't remember the name!!

maveta Thu 28-Jun-07 16:33:46

lol gingerbear...

no no NO flame, none of that "i have the perfect, NO LONGER AVAILABLE..." chat, we want current name-able, buy-able pads! lol

Flame Thu 28-Jun-07 16:36:22

Not sure perfect is the right word... they did fall apart after 6 months

liath Thu 28-Jun-07 22:02:32

The cotton ones from spirit of nature are lovely & soft, unbleached colour & same diameter as the lansinoh disposible ones. http://www.spiritofnature.co.uk/acatalog/breastfeedingbras.html. HTH

MissTea4Me Fri 29-Jun-07 01:17:50

I went out and bought a few different kinds to experiment with: Lansinoh are far and away the most comfy but go terribly wrinkly in the wash. Avent wash better but still quite thick. Boots very slim and wide diameter, so most discreet. All are white though; I just wear a black bra under my white t-shirts for that look that was highly fashionable for about, oooh, 5 minutes in 1987.

popeye123 Fri 29-Jun-07 13:20:02

i started out on the washable ones but found they all got really tatty really quickly and i was always running out (but seemed to have loads). ended up with the lanisol disposable ones. loved them - perfect for my big hooters, no slidding around even at night, thin and discreet. do think its horses for courses though.

determination Fri 29-Jun-07 17:35:43

http://www.tipslimited.com/BreastPadsAwards.htm

determination Fri 29-Jun-07 17:36:08

Breast Pad Awards

maveta Sat 30-Jun-07 07:43:43

Thanks, I think on balance I´ll just take my chances with the lilypadz and get some lansinoh or tommee tippee disposables for night time.. washables seem to have very mixed results and none seem to have absorbancy, slimness AND be invisible in your bra.

..am still reading through the results of the survey you linked to determination so might change my mind yet...

Flamesparrow Sat 30-Jun-07 17:30:53

The tommee tippee are great for daytime too - where they are pinky backing, big and slim they are ideal

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: