Talk

Advanced search

How to introduce a bottle of EBM?

(5 Posts)
bumperlicious Thu 28-Jun-07 05:54:38

Can anyone give me any advice about how I can begin to introduce a bottle of EBM. We are only 8 days in, but just want to start thinking about it.

DH would also really like to be able to give a feed as it really frustrates him when he can't pacify DD himself, plus it will hopefully give me a good stint of needed sleep!

Can anyone tell me how I should express, when to do it and any other advice.

Our aim is that in 3 or 4 weeks DH and I can can go out and watch the new Harry Potter film while my mum comes and baby sits!

NotQuiteCockney Thu 28-Jun-07 08:22:22

If you can avoid introducing a bottle until your baby is 4 weeks old or so, that would be better. Less likely to interfere with breastfeeding.

My DH was able to pacify our first child by swinging him about, singing him songs, walking him places in the sling etc etc.

You could just feed right before the film, and then right after?

bumperlicious Thu 28-Jun-07 15:36:23

I'd still like to be able to express at least one feed so that I can sleep and have some chance of actually being able to leave her in the next 6 months!

Plus I wouldn't want to leave her for the length of a trip to the cinema without any milk.

NotQuiteCockney Thu 28-Jun-07 18:40:29

Absolutely, expressing and getting her used to a bottle of EBM is a great idea. It's just a better idea to wait until she's about four weeks old first, so breastfeeding is fully established first.

daisyboo Thu 28-Jun-07 18:50:36

Bumper...I aim to try this next week (DD will be four weeks on Tuesday) so I'll let you know how I go.

I was reading another thread today about advice for pg women re bf and one lady suggested feeding the baby sitting upright on your knee tummy to tummy for helping with fast let down.....maveta from the April thread I think it was....maybe worth a go?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now