Talk

Advanced search

Ameda lactaline - few questions.

(7 Posts)
hjscho Wed 27-Jun-07 15:14:42

I am considering buying an Ameda Lactaline dual pump and have some questions:
1) I was told I'd need an expressing bra. I am not sure whether the expressing bras are just for when you want free hands whilst expressing, or if they are the only way of keeping the pumps on.
2) Does anyone know if you can just use one pump at a time?
3) Apparently you cannot sterilise in the microwave and I dont have a steam steriliser...any tips?

TheBlonde Wed 27-Jun-07 17:14:00

Bumping for you

The lady who runs expressyourselfmums may be able to help if you don't get any answers on here

kiskidee Wed 27-Jun-07 18:40:11

a. you don't need an expressing bra. some people who are large of nork may find them helpful but in a short time most can mn and pump at the same time

b. yes you can. will be obvious how when you get it.

c. no need to sterilise. hot soapy water is enough.

signed, lactaline ex-user

Aitch Wed 27-Jun-07 18:44:08

they are brilliant. i just sterilised in the microwave, it didn't seem to do any harm. later i even gave up on that and put the stuff in the dishwasher.
one pump or two.
oh, just cut a up an old bra. if you get some of that stick on velcro you can do a great job of making your own pumping bra. i just cut the nips off an old soft bra and then used a saftey pin to secure but you could do a better job. mine was made at 3am so not thinking straight. however, it worked. the bra isn't really the thing as the suction keeps them on the nork after a while.

expatinscotland Wed 27-Jun-07 18:49:17

I didn't sterlise at all - just washed everything in super hot soapy water and air dried.

LOVED my Lactaline.

JennsterFrogLover Wed 27-Jun-07 21:13:37

So use a cold water steriliser if you must. I always managed to do a suduko and crossword while pumping with my lactaline. Had quite an imprint sometimes on the arm I was holding the 2 pumps with though! Didn't realise how little I was getting with hand pump until I used the electric.

Mung Mon 02-Jul-07 13:57:10

I bought the pump in the end...thanks for the advice. It is great and makes my life so much easier.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now