Talk

Advanced search

1 year old not drinking his milk

(7 Posts)
JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 27-Dec-18 11:38:38

If he’s was fine on the reflux milk, there’s a chance it’s CMPA as the proteins are broken down more.

If you read the article and thinks the symptoms sound familiar, see your GP who should refer him to a Paediatric Dietician.

Atia1 Wed 26-Dec-18 19:51:04

JiltedJohnsJulie.. He was on aptamil reflux and now I've changed over to aptamil growing up milk

OP’s posts: |
JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 26-Dec-18 16:48:17

Which milk was he on before OP?

Atia1 Wed 26-Dec-18 11:36:52

Yes he has milk in his cereal every morning and has porridge every night for dinner so he has a full stomach. He likes his yogurts but doesn't like cheese. Will start to give him vitamin D supplements.
Thanks for your advice grin

MrBrown Wed 26-Dec-18 11:12:24

The way I got my DS onto cows milk was gradually, he wouldn't take switching from one to the other straight away. So we started for example 6oz his normal Milk 1oz cows milk for day or 2, then 5oz normal milk 2oz cows milk and so on.

Never had an issue going from one stage formula to the next though, but I think they do taste slightly different.

BrokenLink Wed 26-Dec-18 10:47:12

As long as there are dairy products in his diet, it does not matter if he does not drink milk. Will he have milk in his cereal? Does he like cheese and yoghurt? The only thing you need to add to his diet is a vitamin d supplement, so he is able to absorb the calcium in his food.

Atia1 Wed 26-Dec-18 10:42:29

Hi Everyone,

My little one turned one a few weeks back and I've tried to get him on cows milk but his not having it.
So I decided to buy aptamil growing up milk and his not keen on that either. He throws his bottle away every time I try and give him his milk.
I've tried it in a beaker and same thing. His just not drinking cows milk or formula.
Help what do I do??? He feeds fine and has snacks whenever he wants.
It's just the milk is the problem.
Help???
Thankssmile

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in