Talk

Advanced search

Bottle strike! HELP!

(4 Posts)
TwinkleMerrick Sat 22-Dec-18 20:37:08

Pls help, advice needed. My 7 month girl is on bottle strike. She used to average 25oz of formula a day, then it went to 18oz and today it's 11oz. I'm weaning her onto solids. Baby rice in the am, baby purée for lunch with a yogurt or fruit, and either baby purée or some of what I am eating for dinner blended. Is this normal? Is she getting enough nutrients? Should I go and see the health visitor? Or am I being a over anxious first time mum? Thanks xoxo

OP’s posts: |
JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 22-Dec-18 22:40:35

I think you may be offering solids too many times. The current NHS guidelines are to move to offering solids 3 times a day between 8 and 9 months.

Tomorrow could you cut out the baby rice in the morning and give her just lunch and dinner? I’d also cut out the pudding at lunch and give her a bottle roughly an hour before the solids so something like this:

7am bottle
10 am bottle
12 ish lunch
3 pm bottle
4pm dinner
7pm bottle

It really doesn’t matter if she’s not eating much at this age but it does matter if she’s not drinking enough formula smile

TwinkleMerrick Sun 23-Dec-18 21:50:32

Well today I managed 22oz smile I did a bottle at 8am as she slept in, no breakfast, a little baby food with a yogurt for lunch, bottle at 2pm, tiny bit more baby food for dinner and a bottle b4 bed. I think spacing the bottles out and not giving her breakfast has worked well. Let her get a bit hungry so she actually drinks it. Thanks for advice xx

OP’s posts: |
JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 23-Dec-18 22:24:38

So glad that’s worked for you smile

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in