Talk

Advanced search

15week old still cluster feeding

(5 Posts)
2lilcherubs Sat 15-Dec-18 14:52:52

My lo has always cluster fed in the evening. Doesn't go to bed til 11-11.30pm and id love to bring this forward and have bedtime in the evening. Lo does fall asleep in evening but not for long and I'd awake again, seems to be in a constant light sleep when I try to put down cries until I feed again. Sometimes will feed, sleep wake be happy awake then feed and sleep again other nights its constant feed/sleep for hours.

Anyone else had their lo still cluster feed at 15weeks, when did it end and you where able to put baby to bed in the bedroom evening?

By bed I don't necessarily mean out of the room. Just out my arms and in basket sleeping.

OP’s posts: |
Shelley54 Sat 15-Dec-18 23:15:08

DS2 is 7m old and still on boob a lot in the evening and goes to bed with me. With DS1 he would sleep on his sleepyhead from about 8pm then come up at 5m old and from 6/7m would go up at 8ish to be joined by us later.

snuggledonthesofa Sat 15-Dec-18 23:39:45

13 week old and I've just put him down at 23:30. No advice but I've found it works for me as he'll now sleep till 6/7/8am so I'm actually sleeping more than when I'm at work!

Spoilingthem Sat 15-Dec-18 23:42:04

18 week old still cluster feeds all night here!

2lilcherubs Sun 16-Dec-18 09:00:26

Thank you for replying. It's good to know this is normal still to be cluster feeding at this age. My lo does normally sleep til at least 6am so it's good to get the sleep. But I just never my arms free. I'd like to have a bit more freedom in the evenings for tidying up, having a bath, prep the next day's dinner etc

My dc1 was always asleep between 7-8 until I went to bed then had another feed and back down. It was nice to have that bit of a break before bed, now with a 1yo and a baby I feel like I need that break more than ever.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in