Talk

Advanced search

Aptamil - has the forumla changed or just the packaging??

(9 Posts)
Menarefrommars Sun 24-Jun-07 21:50:25

Noticed it has changed packaging and has a shield on the front with some new ingredient.

Has it changed or is it the same? Anyone have any experience??

NikkiBFG Sun 24-Jun-07 21:54:36

I'm pretty sure its just the same as they mentioned that their packaging would be changing soon but didn't say anything about the ingredients.....

They have put immunofortis on the front but I think fortis is prob just latin for fortification or something so its just saying that its got stuff to fortify the immune system - I wouldn't worry. I've carried on with it and no probs

divastrop Sun 24-Jun-07 22:01:12

as far as i'm aware its just the packaging.my dd3 is on aptamil and there doesnt seem to be any difference.

Menarefrommars Sun 24-Jun-07 22:03:39

OK thanks x

clutteredup Sun 24-Jun-07 22:13:08

As far as I know its still the same, our Sainsbury's is still selling the old packaging so we've got both as Asda has the new one. It threw me too - why can't they leave well alone .

islandofsodor Sun 24-Jun-07 23:16:44

There has just been some legal judgment about the way they are allowed to market the milk with regards to health claims etc so they have had to change the packaging.

clutteredup Sun 24-Jun-07 23:19:47

oh i see so it wasn't because they are charging too much for it and had money to burn - fair enough- didn't they claim it was better than other formula or something?

islandofsodor Mon 25-Jun-07 00:00:11

Can't remember exactly, it was something to do with unsubstantiated claims and also affected other brands.

lazyemma Mon 25-Jun-07 06:26:14

the "immunofortis" thing, so far as I can tell, is just an impressive sounding made-up name which alludes to the fact that Aptamil has prebiotics in it, which supposedly help create the right conditions in the digestive system for good bacteria to grow.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: