Talk

Advanced search

breastfeeding light periods and trying to get pregnant.

(10 Posts)
ruty Fri 22-Jun-07 16:43:27

i've posted this topic before, but trying again because my periods are very light. Ds is 2 and a half and i'm still breastfeeding. Ten mins morning and night and occasional afternoon quick feed. Now TTC. My periods are quite light, they only last three days and sometimes irregular. I don't want to post on TTC topic because i think i might get 'well stop breastfeeding then.' Just wanted to know if my lighter periods mean i am less fertile. TikTok or anyone, know anything? Please?

Psychobabble Fri 22-Jun-07 20:46:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

pamplemousse Fri 22-Jun-07 21:02:44

Don't know anything scientific, but 2 of my friends who exclusively breast feed are indeed pregnant again.

Chirpygirl Fri 22-Jun-07 21:08:08

I was still BFIng DD when I got pregnant, I didn't have a period at all so does that help?!

skirmish Fri 22-Jun-07 21:09:23

again, can't add anything scientific, but i got pg when i was still bf (but not exclusively), and didn't have any periods, so it is well and truly possible. Don't think light periods = less fertile

good luck

skirmish Fri 22-Jun-07 21:09:55

snap chirpygirl - you just beat me!

Chirpygirl Fri 22-Jun-07 21:10:52

ruty Sat 23-Jun-07 16:03:08

ooh thankyou that is all encouraging!

wishingfourgotone Sat 23-Jun-07 16:07:21

good luck i only ever have three day period always very light and i have dd, not bfing anymore havent for long time just thought this may help ou

ruty Sat 23-Jun-07 16:22:28

lucky you! It is really nice to have lighter periods, especially if there is not a fertility issue, I guess we'll wait and see....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: