Talk

Advanced search

Which express machine to buy?

(5 Posts)
NicMG Mon 05-Nov-18 08:05:54

Hello, looking for any advice on which expressing machine to buy please. I'm leaning towards an electric machine to take out the hard work. Do you have any tips on the best make to go for please? Thanks smile

OP’s posts: |
jubbablub Mon 05-Nov-18 13:20:18

I really think it depends what you want it for.

Day to day expressing, if you know that a pump works for you, then the medela swing is great. Even the medela hand pump (the harmony) is really quite good.

I’ve had lots of issues with supply, so have rented the Medela Symphony. I think if I was buying again, I’d get a double pump like the Ameda lactaline, the Ardo Calypso Double or one of the Spectra double pumps. Double pumps are far more efficient as they cut the time in half and also there is research about how they will increase supply.

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 05-Nov-18 21:06:11

Has baby arrived yet NicMG? If you’re still PG, I’d wait until baby arrives to see how things work out.

Like jubba says, it totally depends on how you’re going to use it. For occasional pumping hand expressing might be fine for you smile

NicMG Mon 05-Nov-18 21:39:48

Thanks a lot for the tips. I'm due in January but I'm starting to worry about not being prepared enough. I didn't realise you could rent them. Is that from places like boots? I will have a look into that 

OP’s posts: |
JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 05-Nov-18 21:46:12

If baby hadn’t arrived yet, definitely don’t part with your money yet. There’s a great list on Kellymom of things you need to get before you BF your baby smile

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in